Photos by Bowerbird Photography.
There couldn't have been a better way to escape the dramatic, wet downpour the night of Sat/24 than to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the SF LGBT Community Center at the SF Design Center under the twinkling lights of a "gay Pah-ree" inspired party. (Never was "Paris" pronounced the clunky Anglo way, of course.)
There was amazing food, free-flowing booze, but best of all, crowds of beautiful, happy people, dressed in Parisian splendor (including stilt-walking Eiffel Towers a scruffy French poodle).
Everyone looked fabulous. Really fabulous! The entertainment included a song by the super sweet Honey Mahogany, surreal live decorations courtesy of a walking Matisse painting, a gorgeous half-nude contortionist, and, of course, a coterie of supportive politicians (including Mark Leno), raising their bubbly high to toast the Center on its birthday.
The Center eschewed long speeches to devote the evening to great dancing, beautiful drag performances, and those irresistible old school soul beats of DJ Carnita from Hard French, that lasted far into the evening.
Most Commented On
- "Give Them a Job" - May 19, 2013
- Exactly, my contributions are on record while - May 19, 2013
- Agreed, and the same applies of course to - May 19, 2013
- Ah, so you admit that you have never given a penny to - May 19, 2013
- You know nothing about - May 19, 2013
- The term "illegal" is the most widely-used and accepted term - May 19, 2013
- UnAmerican - May 19, 2013
- Yet you don't even follow the laws that you - May 19, 2013
- Xorauguynaddeae - May 19, 2013
- Golden Gate Park magic mushroom finally classified, just in - May 19, 2013